Application Program Interface
Overview of the-airport-guide.com web API
- What is the-airport-guide.com SOAP API Service?
- The-airport-guide.com SOAP API service is designed to find and pass airport information to developers
through the web.
- How does the-airport-guide.com SOAP API service work?
- Developers can write software programs that connect remotely to the-airport-guide.com
SOAP API service. Communication is performed between client and server with
the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), an XML-based tool for exchanging
- How do I gain access to the-airport-guide.com SOAP API service?
- It requires that you purchase a subscription.
- Can I subscribe to purchase data on a monthly basis or can annual subscriptions be purchased?
- Our information can be purchased in one of four ways:
- Monthly Package - Subscribe to a monthly subscription for general airport
information and your cost is USD $450.00 monthly
- Annual Package - Subscribe to an annual subscription for general airport
information and your cost is USD $400.00 monthly ($4800.00 annually)
- Monthly Package - With Handler, Fueler and Miscellaneous information included: USD $550.00 monthly
- Annual Package - With Handler, Fueler and Miscellaneous information included: USD $500.00 monthly ($6000.00 annually)
- What is included in the monthly subscription for general airport information?
- Included are all available fields listed under the General Information, Communications,
Runways, Navaids, Supplies/Equipment and Remarks categories.
- What is the average cost to purchase additional queries?
- Our package offers unlimited queries.
- How do I get additional information regarding this service?
- E-mail us: - Click Here -
- How do I access the-airport-guide.com SOAP APIs?
- Create a SOAP client with a tool like nuSOAP (PHP). The WSDL is available at http://www.the-airport-guide.com/airportQueryService.php?wsdl
- Make the call to the web service function "airportQuery1_5"
- The API has three required parameters (UNAME, PASS, AIRPORT_ID):
- UNAME = (UserName) your user name - assigned by the-airport-guide.com
- PASS = (Password) your password - assigned by the-airport-guide.com
- AIRPORT_ID = ICAO identifier of the airport. For example, KORD = O'Hare in Chicago
- The API has four optional parameters that control the hotels listing:
- HRADIUS = the distance from the airport, in miles. Legal values are '0-10' and '10-25'. Default: '0-10'.
- HMAXROWS = the maximum number of hotels returned. Default: 10.
- HMINRATING = the minimum "star" rating of hotels to be returned.
Legal values are 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, and 5. Default: 3.
- HINCLUNRATED = (Include Unrated) specifies whether hotels with no "star"
rating should be included. Legal values are 'true' and 'false'. Default: false.
- Access the XML returned by the SOAP client call.
If you are debugging, the first field of the SOAP response gives the version
of XML that you are receiving.
- If you have not signed the user agreement you will not be able to login
and a SOAP fault will be returned.
- If you exceed your daily number of queries a SOAP fault will be returned
- Is the WSDL file (web service description language) available online?
- Yes, it can be found at
- What is the current version of the WSDL?
- Version 1.0. This variable is the first variable returned with the XML.
- What is the daily limit of queries?
- How many airports can I query at one time?
- One airport can be queried per call.